|Voiced by||Paul Shaffer|
|First appearance||Hercules (film) (1997)|
|Last appearance||Hercules (TV series) (1998-1999)|
|Occupation||The Messenger of the Olympian Gods|
In Greek mythology, Hermes was one of the twelve mighty gods who lived atop Mount Olympus. He was the god of shepherds, travelers, merchants, thieves, and all others who lived by their wits. His mother was Maia, a Titan's daughter so Hermes was born in a faraway cave on Mount Cyllene, to escape Hera's wrath. As a newborn babe, he stole twelve of Apollo's cows without leaving a trace. Apollo was angry until Hermes offered him the lyre he had made for the whole herd. Hermes was the merriest of Olympians and was favored by all gods, goddesses, and mortals. He and Apollo became the best of friends and even though Hermes was the god of liars and thieves, he never stole or lied- but he often didn't tell the whole truth.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
As a god , Hermes possesses the natural powers and abilities such as
- Immortality:Hermes, like all of the Olympian Gods has universal immunity from death.
- Omnipresence:Hermes , Like all of the Olympians Gods is able to be passively present everywhere.
- Superhuman strength: Hermes , like most if not all Olympian level og physical strength that far surpasses the physical strength of typical mortal.
- Magic: Hermes, like most Olympian Gods possesses the abilities to perform magic. In series, Hermes has displayed the ability to Conjure via Caduceus.
- Winged sandals : As the messenger of the gods and god of travelers, the winged sandals enable Hermes to fly and move at an extreme speed.
- Hermes' favorite phrase is "Babe"
- Hermes' Roman counterpart is named Mercury, which is also the name of a chemical element found inside thermometers, as with the innermost and smallest planet in our Solar System.